Time gets away

Have you ever had a lot of free time when you were able to relax, sleep in, watch movies and lounge around?  Well, I had that last weekend.  It was nice…except for one major part.  I didn’t really have free time. I had so much work to do that I didn’t realize I had to do. When Monday came, I almost lost my mind.

Let me explain in more detail.  I had a pretty rough week (See: Stuck between a rock and a hard place).  I was SO ready for the weekend and excited to spend some time with my guy.  I had some days off of work approaching and was ready to let loose!

On Friday, I had the day off.  I woke up early and ran a couple errands, had lunch with my cousin and picked up my guy from work in the afternoon.  The Hawks were playing that night and we were going to go somewhere and watch it (which I don’t get to do much anymore).  We went out and he started not feeling well.  So, no big deal.  I figured I could just watch the game at home.  Except for the fact that when we got home, all hell broke loose.  He became so ill, so quickly.  I ended up missing the rest of the game.  I felt so bad for him, though.  We think it was food poisoning.  Anyway, so that night was pretty awful.  I spend the next day catching up on the sleep I missed the night before.

We watched some movies.  Slept.  Ate a little bit.  He didn’t eat much because he was still so sick…and I didn’t eat because, well, I had lost my appetite from WATCHING him being sick.  Relaxing was so nice that the days started blending in together.  I didn’t have to go to work until Tuesday, so I had no worries.

No worries, that is, until Monday when I realized….”OH MY GOD….WHAT HAVE I DONE?”  I quickly came back from my fantasyland of pajamas all day and catching up on movies, that I almost started crying when I realized had how much work I had to do for school. Ya know? The OTHER full-time job that I have! I wasted so much time doing nothing!! And on top of THAT…I had observation hours to complete on Tuesday and Wednesday through Friday, I would have to kids ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT.

I tried not to get too flustered because my guy was still sick and I wanted to be there for him.  But man, I really made things harder for myself in the long run.

So, what did I do?  I did as much as I could on Monday.  Tuesday, I did some of my observation hours, went to the library and spent 4 1/2 hours doing homework.  If that gives you an idea of how much I had to do, after those 4 1/2 hours, I still wasn’t done.  Then I went to pick up the boys from the second family I nanny.  After I was done there, I went to class.  After class, I went back to the house of the first family I nanny to spend a couple nights while the parents are away.

I didn’t exactly time manage very well.  But I did get through the week without losing my sanity AND my guy started getting better! Next time, I need to make sure I don’t lose sight of the things I have to do.  Man! It really stinks being an adult sometimes!

Share This

Related Posts:

  • No Related Posts
Before You Comment...

We welcome your discussion and contributions: please keep in mind that posts with offensive language, unwanted ads, insults or that are otherwise off-topic or inappropriate may be deleted. Thanks for helping us create a safe and fun online community.

Comments are closed.