Every week I usually like to write about some of my personal stories in the hopes to provide any student insight for everyone, BUT this week I want to talk a little about some cool opportunities for students that are going on courtesy of the Undergraduate Student Government (USG). Check them out below!
Oxfam Hunger Banquet – Today (Tuesday, April 8) at from 5:30 – 7 p.m.; Illinois Room in Student Center East
The OXFAM Hunger Banquet invites students and faculty to experience the unequal distribution of global resources firsthand by taking part in an interactive experience that will likely change the way you think of poverty and hunger as a global issue.
Upon arriving to the Illinois Room in SCE, OXFAM Hunger Banquet guests will receive a ticket at random which will assign them to an income-level group. The ticket they receive will determine where they will sit and what they will be served.
It’s free for all students and it is intended to raise awareness on the implications of poverty through educational dialogue and a theatrical experience.
For more information, please visit here.
Trying to be eco-friendly? Need more UIC gear? Or just love free stuff? Then this is your invitation to receive a free UIC USG aluminum water bottle!
How? It’s simple, complete the following steps before April 16 at 5 p.m. :
- Like the USG Facebook page
- Like this photo
- Find out if you won a water bottle on April 16 (There are many available, so odds of you winning are high!
- Pick-up your free water bottle from the USG office
- Must be a currently registered undergraduate at UIC
- MUST like both our Facebook page and the photo – you will not be eligible if you only like one or the other
- Must show valid iCard at water bottle pick-up
USG Scavenger Hunt
Get to know more about UIC and USG in the first ever USG Scavenger Hunt. Beginning today, register you and a partner to participate in this fun and adventurous competition.
How does it work? It’s simple:
During the week of April 21-25, registered teams of two undergraduate students will partake in a week-long scavenger hunt around the UIC campus. Teams will be given clues via email and will then partake in 10 tasks until one team comes out victorious. Tasks mainly consist of UIC or USG-related activities. The winning team of two will win one iPad mini each!
- Only teams of two are accepted
- Team members must both be currently registered undergraduates at UIC
- Team members must submit one registration form by April 18 at 5 p.m.
- Teams must be ready to show valid iCards and other proof at scavenger hunt kick-off event on April 21
- It is encouraged to have a smartphone or digital camera ready for certain tasks!
Fun stuff right? Which one are you going to partake in?
Until next time…